I n s i d e t h e S y s t e m U n i t
11. Dispose of the old battery according to the maker's instructions.
When you turn on the computer you will have to run the BIOS Setup
utility to re-enter the hardware configuration. If in any doubt refer
to Appendix B "System BIOS and Setup".
Replacing the Sensonic batteries
If you have the Sensonic Anti-theft device fitted as an option you
may have to replace the batteries. The batteries are fitted to the riser
card and have an average life of 3-4 years. You can use the Sensonic
Anti-theft software to check the state of the batteries. If it is low
then you will need to replace them. Two AA alkaline batteries are
To replace the batteries
1. Turn off the computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Take suitable anti-static precautions and remove the system unit
3. If you have any expansion cards fitted to the left-hand side of
4. Remove the old batteries and replace them with AA alkaline
5. Refit the system unit cover.
LS/VS 550 OWNER'S HANDBOOK
the machine you will need to remove them in order to replace
batteries, make sure the positive end of the batteries point towards
the front of the machine as shown below: