E x p a n s i o n C a r d s
3. At the rear of the system unit are metal blanking plates, one for
4. First decide in which of the available slots you wish to install the
5. Remove the blanking plate of the chosen slot by removing its
6. If the card you are installing is configured by the means of
7. Position the expansion card alongside the slot in which you
8. Slide the card into the slot ensuring that the card edge
LS/VS 550 OWNER'S HANDBOOK
If you are unfamiliar with the recommended anti-static precautions
and/or the process of removing the system unit cover, refer to
Appendix A, "Inside the System Unit".
each expansion card slot. To ensure the front edge of a full
length card is securely supported you will find card guides on
the front side of the machine on one side of the riser.
card. In general it is easiest to start with the lowest slot and
securing screw, then sliding the blanking plate out of its slot.
You will need to remove the external security clamp in order to
gain access to the blanking plates on the other side of the riser.
Keep all the screws, etc., they will be needed later to secure the
jumpers or switches, check that it is correctly configured before
If the card uses the video feature connector (VFC) on the
motherboard, you may need to connect this before you install the
card (otherwise, the card could get in the way of the connector).
Please refer to the notes given below.
wish to install it. Align the rear of the card with the slot in the
rear of the system unit, and, if the card is full length, align the
front of the card with the card guide, into the bottom slot.
connector engages correctly with the socket on the riser board.
Do not use excessive force.