Solutions to common problems
Before you call for service, review the following list. It may save you time & expense. The list includes
common occurrences that are not the result of defective workmanship or materials in this appliance.
• Surface control knob has not been completely turned to
do not light.
Surface Control knob to
control knob to desired flame size.
• Be sure gas supply valve is open.
• Burner ports are clogged. Clean burner. See Cleaning the burner grates, burner
caps, burner heads in general care & Cleaning section. With the burner off,
clean ports with a small-gauge wire or needle.
• Power cord is disconnected from outlet (Electric ignition models only). Be sure
cord is securely plugged into the outlet.
• Electrical power outage (electric ignition models only). Burners can be lit
manually. See Setting Surface Controls in this Use and Care Guide.
Burner flame only
• Burner ports are clogged. With the burner off, clean ports by using a small-
lights half way
gauge wire and needle.
• Moisture is present after cleaning. Lightly fan the flame and allow burner to operate
until flame is full. Dry the burners thoroughly following instructions in the General
Burner flame is
• Dust particles in main line. Allow the burner to operate a few minutes until flame
• In coastal areas, a slightly orange flame is unavoidable due to salt air.
Questions or for service call:
Before you call
and push in and until burner ignites and then turn
position. Turn the