Solutions to Common Problems
Before you call for service, review the following list. It may save you time & expense. The list includes
common occurrences that are not the result of defective workmanship or materials in this appliance.
Entire cooktop does not
Cooktop turns off while
Cooking zone does not
Cooking zone heats
food too hot or not hot
Poor cooking results
Questions or for service call:
Before you call
• Cooktop controls are locked. Set the cooktop controls to unlock the
Cooktop (See p. 9 for further instructions).
• Make sure household electrical circuit breaker is ON and that power
is properly supplied to the Cooktop.
• Service wiring not complete. Contact installation agent or dealer.
• Power outage. Check house lights to be sure. Call local electric
• Cooktop internal heat sensor has detected high temperatures inside
the appliance. Be sure the appliance vent holes are not blocked.
(Refer to the Installation Instructions supplied with the cooktop
for more detailed cooktop installation information).
• Fluids spilled or object lying on controls area of cooktop. Clean spills
or remove object. Repower cooktop.
• Cooking zone had been used with dry pot at a high power level. Wait
for the cooking zone to cool down.
• No cookware was placed on the Cooking Zone or the cookware
material type is incorrect for Induction Cooking.
• Cookware bottom not large enough for Cooking Zone.
• Cookware is warped or in poor condition.
• Cookware is not centered on Cooking Zone.
• Cookware resting on cooktop trim or does not rest completely on
• No power to the appliance. Check steps under "Entire cooktop does
not operate" in this checklist.
• Incorrect Cooking Zone control setting. Make sure the correct control
is ON for the Cooking Zone being used. Make sure the cooktop is
• Lightweight or warped pans were used. Be sure to use good quality
• Use only flat bottom, evenly balanced medium or heavyweight
cookware. Heavy and medium weight pans heat evenly. Because
lightweight pans heat unevenly, foods may burn more easily (See
pages 7-8 for further information).
• Adjust Cooking Zone power level setting until the proper amount of
heat is obtained.
• Many factors affect cooking results. A djust the recipe's recommended
power levels or cooking times.
• Cookware is too lightweight or warped. Use heavier quality cookware
so foods being prepared may cook more evenly.