Solutions to common problems
Before you call for service, review the following list. It may save you time & expense. The list includes
common occurrences that are not the result of defective workmanship or materials in this appliance.
• Surface control knob has not been completely turned to
do not light.
Surface Control knob to
control knob to desired ﬂ ame size.
• Be sure gas supply valve is open.
• Burner ports are clogged. Clean burner. See Cleaning the burner grates, burner
caps, burner heads in general care & Cleaning section. With the burner off,
clean ports with a small-gauge wire or needle.
• Power cord is disconnected from outlet (Electric ignition models only). Be sure
cord is securely plugged into the outlet.
• Electrical power outage (electric ignition models only). Burners can be lit
manually. See Setting Surface Controls in this Use and Care Guide.
Burner ﬂ ame only
• Burner ports are clogged. With the burner off, clean ports by using a small-
lights half way
gauge wire and needle.
• Moisture is present after cleaning. Lightly fan the ﬂ ame and allow burner to operate
until ﬂ ame is full. Dry the burners thoroughly following instructions in the General
Burner ﬂ ame is
• Dust particles in main line. Allow the burner to operate a few minutes until ﬂ ame
• In coastal areas, a slightly orange ﬂ ame is unavoidable due to salt air.
• Coarse particles (such as salt or sand) are between cooktop and utensil.
Be sure cooktop surface and bottom of utensils are clean before use. Small
scratches do not affect cooking and will become less visible with use.
• Cleaning materials not recommended for glass ceramic cooktop have been
used. See Ceramic-Glass Cooktop section in this Use and Care Guide.
Metal marks on
• Sliding or scraping of metal utensils on cooktop surface. Do not slide metal
utensils on cooktop surface. Use a mildly abrasive cleanser to remove marks.
• Boilovers have cooked onto surface. Use razor blade scraper to remove soil.
and specks on
See instructions under General Care & Cleaning.
• Cleaning materials not recommended for ceramic-glass cooktop have been
used. Use recommended cleaners and cleaning method. See Ceramic Glass
Cooktop section in this Use and Care Guide.
• Mineral deposits from water and food. Wet surface with water and sprinkle on
a cooktop cleaning creme, Scrub with a clean damp paper towel until the stain
disappears. Wipe remaining paste away, then apply a small amount of cooktop
cleaning creme and polish with a clean paper towel. Use cookware with clean,
dry bottoms. See Ceramic Glass Cooktop section in this Use and Care Guide.
Questions or for service call:
Before you call
and push in and until burner ignites and then turn
position. Turn the