Solutions to Common Problems
Before calling for service, review this list. It may save you both time and expense. This list
includes common experiences that are not the result of defective workmanship or material
in your cooktop.
SURFACE BURNERS DO NOT LIGHT
• Surface Control knob has not been completely turned to LITE. Push in and turn the
Surface Control knob to LITE until burner ignites and then turn control knob to desired
• Be sure gas supply valve is open.
• Burner ports are clogged. Clean burners. See Cleaning the Burner Grates, Burner
Caps, Burner Heads in General Care & Cleaning section. With the burner off, clean
ports with a small-gauge wire or needle.
• Power cord is disconnected from outlet (Electric Ignition Models only). Be sure cord is
securely plugged into the outlet.
• Electrical power outage (electric ignition models only). Burners can be lit manually. See
Setting Surface Controls in this Use and Care Guide.
BURNER FLAME ONLY LIGHTS HALF WAY AROUND BURNER
• Burner ports are clogged. With the burner off, clean ports by using a small-gauge wire
• Moisture is present after cleaning. Lightly fan the ﬂame and allow burner to operate until
ﬂame is full. Dry the burners thoroughly following instructions in the General Cleaning
BURNER FLAME IS ORANGE
• Dust particles in main line. Allow the burner to operate a few minutes until ﬂame turns
• In coastal areas, a slightly orange ﬂame is unavoidable due to salt air.