Replacing the Scanner Battery
The battery is installed in the cordless scanner by the factory and resides in a chamber in the scanner handle. To replace the battery:
1. Insert a Phillips screwdriver in the screw at the base of the scanner, then turn the screw counterclockwise to release the
2. Remove the latch.
3. If a battery is already installed, turn the scanner upright to slide the battery out. Disconnect the battery connector clip.
4. With the contacts on the connector clips facing in the same direction, attach the new battery's connector clip to the
connector clip in the base of the scanner.
5. Slide the new battery into the battery well and ensure the battery leads are visible. The battery should sit securely in the
6. Attach and close the latch.
7. Insert a Phillips screwdriver in the screw at the base of the scanner, press down gently, and turn the screw clockwise to lock
the latch in place.
Figure 1-7. Inserting the Battery
Getting Started 1-11