Install Leveling Legs
Excessive Weight Hazard
Use two or more people to move and install dryer.
Failure to do so can result in back or other injury.
1. To protect the floor, use a large flat piece of cardboard from
the dryer carton. Place cardboard under the entire back edge
of the dryer.
2. Firmly grasp the body of the dryer. Gently lay the dryer on the
cardboard. See illustration.
3. Examine the leveling legs. Find the diamond marking.
4. Screw the legs into the leg holes by hand. Use a wrench to
finish turning the legs until the diamond marking is no longer
5. Place a carton corner post from dryer packaging under each
of the 2 dryer back corners. Stand the dryer up. Slide the
dryer on the corner posts until it is close to its final location.
Leave enough room to connect the exhaust vent.
1. Using a 4" (10.2 cm) clamp, connect vent to exhaust outlet in
dryer. If connecting to existing vent, make sure the vent is
clean. The dryer vent must fit over the dryer exhaust outlet
and inside the exhaust hood. Make sure the vent is secured
to exhaust hood with a 4" (10.2 cm) clamp.
2. Move dryer into its final position. Do not crush or kink vent.
3. (On gas models) check that there are no kinks in the flexible
4. Once exhaust vent connection is made, remove corner posts
Check the levelness of the dryer. Check levelness first
side to side, then front to back.
If the dryer is not level, prop up the dryer using a wood block.
Use a wrench to adjust the legs up or down and check again for
Reverse Door Swing
You can change your door swing from a right-side opening to a
left-side opening, if desired.
1. Place a towel or soft cloth on top of the dryer or work space
to protect the surface.
Remove the door assembly
1. Remove the 4 screws that hold the door hinge on the front
panel of the dryer.
A. Dryer front panel
B. Door assembly
2. Lay the door assembly on a flat, protected surface with the
inside (inner door assembly) facing up.
3. Remove the 6 Phillips head screws to release the outer door
assembly from the inner door assembly, as indicated below.
See illustration. It is important that you remove only the
6 indicated screws.
4. Lift the inner door assembly off the outer door assembly.