Notes on the lithium battery
• Keep the lithium battery out of the reach of children.
Should the battery be swallowed, immediately
consult a doctor.
• Wipe the battery with a dry cloth to assure a good
• Be sure to observe the correct polarity when
installing the battery.
• Do not hold the battery with metallic tweezers,
otherwise a short-circuit may occur.
Battery may explode if mistreated.
Do not recharge, disassemble, or dispose of
When replacing the fuse, be
sure to use one matching the
amperage rating stated on the
original fuse. If the fuse blows,
check the power connection and
replace the fuse. If the fuse
blows again after replacement,
there may be an internal
malfunction. In such a case,
consult your nearest Sony
Cleaning the connectors
The unit may not function properly if the connectors
between the unit and the front panel are not clean. In
order to prevent this, detach the front panel (page 8)
and clean the connectors with a cotton swab. Do not
apply too much force. Otherwise, the connectors
may be damaged.
• For safety, turn off the ignition before cleaning the
connectors, and remove the key from the ignition
• Never touch the connectors directly with your fingers
or with any metal device.
Fuse (10 A)
Back of the front
Removing the unit
Remove the protection collar.
1 Detach the front panel (page 8).
2 Pinch both edges of the protection collar,
then pull it out.
Remove the unit.
1 Insert both release keys simultaneously
until they click.
2 Pull the release keys to unseat the unit.
3 Slide the unit out of the mounting.