The following checklist will help you remedy
problems you may encounter with your unit.
Before going through the checklist below, check the
connection and operating procedures.
If the problem is not solved, visit the following
Customers in Latin America:
Customers in Pan Asia:
No power is being supplied to the unit.
• Check the connection or fuse.
• If the unit is turned off and the display disappears, it
cannot be operated with the remote commander.
t Turn on the unit.
The power antenna (aerial) does not extend.
The power antenna (aerial) does not have a relay box.
• The ATT function is activated, or the Telephone ATT
function (when the interface cable of a car telephone
is connected to the ATT lead) is activated.
• The position of the fader control "Fader" is not set for
a 2-speaker system.
• The CD changer is incompatible with the disc (MP3/
t Play back with a Sony MP3 compatible CD
changer, or this unit.
No beep sound.
• The beep sound is canceled (page 31).
• An optional power amplifier is connected and you are
not using the built-in amplifier.
The contents of the memory have been erased.
• The RESET button has been pressed.
t Store again into the memory.
• The power supply lead or battery has been
disconnected or it is not connected properly.
Stored stations and correct time are erased.
The fuse has blown.
Makes noise when the position of the ignition
The leads are not matched correctly with the car's
accessory power connector.
During playback or reception, demonstration
If no operation is performed for 5 minutes with "Demo
on" set, demonstration mode starts.
t Set "Demo off" (page 31).
The display disappears from/does not appear
in the display window.
• The dimmer is set "Dimmer on" (page 31).
• The display disappears if you press and hold (OFF).
t Press and hold (OFF) on the unit until the
• The connectors are dirty (page 36).
The Auto Off function does not operate.
The unit is turned on. The Auto Off function activates
after turning off the unit.
t Turn off the unit.
The display disappears while the unit is
The Black Out function is set to on (page 31).
Card remote commander operation is not
If the Black Out function is activated (no lighting),
card remote commander operation is not possible
DSO does not function.
Depending on the type of car interior or type of music,
DSO may not have a desirable effect.
Any display items do not display.
t Set to "Information on" (page 31).
Cannot adjust the volume level.
The portable audio device was not connected when
AUX was selected as (SOURCE).
t Connect the portable audio device to the AUX
The disc cannot be loaded.
• Another disc is already loaded.
• The disc has been forcibly inserted upside down or in
the wrong way.
The disc does not playback.
• Defective or dirty disc.
• The CD-Rs/CD-RWs are not for audio use (page 34).
MP3/WMA/AAC files cannot be played back.
The disc is incompatible with the MP3/WMA/AAC
format and version. For details on playable discs and
formats, visit the support site.
MP3/WMA/AAC files take longer to play back
The following discs take a longer time to start
– a disc recorded with a complicated tree structure.
– a disc recorded in Multi Session.
– a disc to which data can be added.
The display items do not scroll.
• For discs with very many characters, those may not
• "Auto Scroll" is set to "off."
t Set "Auto Scroll on" (page 31).
t Press (SCRL).
The sound skips.
• Installation is not correct.
t Install the unit at an angle of less than 45° in a
sturdy part of the car.
• Defective or dirty disc.