3.3. Operating range
Indoor temperature About 64 to 90 °F About 60 to 88 °F
Indoor humidity About 80% or less
4. ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENT
The indoor unit is powered from the outdoor unit or branch
box. Do not power indoor unit from seperate power source.
• Refer to local codes for acceptable cable type.
Connection cable 14AWG
Max. Cable Length: Limit voltage drop to less than 2%.
Increase cable gauge if voltage drop is 2% or more.
5. SELECTING THE MOUNTING POSITION
Decide the mounting position with the customer as follows:
5.1. Indoor unit
(1) Install the indoor unit level on a strong wall which is not
subject to vibration.
(2) The inlet and outlet ports should not be obstructed : the
air should be able to blow all over the room.
(3) Install the unit a dedicated electrical branch circuit.
(4) Do not install the unit where it will be exposed to direct sunlight.
(5) Install the unit where connection to the outdoor unit or branch
box is easy.
(6) Install the unit where the drain pipe can be easily installed.
(7) Take servicing, etc. into consideration and leave the
spaces shown in [6.1. Installation dimensions]. Also install
the unit where the ¿ lter can be removed.
Correct installation location is important because it is di¿ cult
to move unit after it is installed.
• Select installation locations that can properly support the weight of
the indoor. Install the units securely so that they do not topple or fall.
• Do not install the unit in the following areas:
• Area with high salt content, such as at the seaside. It will deterio-
rate metal parts, causing the parts to fail or the unit to leak water.
• Area ¿ lled with mineral oil or containing a large amount of splashed
oil or steam, such as a kitchen.
It will deteriorate plastic parts, causing the parts to fail or the unit to
• Area that generates substances that adversely affect the equip-
ment, such as sulfuric gas, chlorine gas, acid, or alkali.
It will cause the copper pipes and brazed joints to corrode, which
can cause refrigerant leakage.
• Area that can cause combustible gas to leak, contains suspended
carbon ¿ bers or À ammable dust, or volatile inÀ ammables such as
paint thinner or gasoline.
If gas leaks and settles around the unit, it can cause a ¿ re.
• Area where animals may urinate on the unit or ammonia may be
3 cable + Ground, 1 Ø 208/230 V
• Do not use the unit for special purposes, such as storing
food, raising animals, growing plants, or preserving preci-
sion devices or art objects.
It can degrade the quality of the preserved or stored objects.
• Do not install where there is the danger of combustible gas
• Do not install the unit near a source of heat, steam, or
À ammable gas.
• Install the unit where drainage does not cause any trouble.
• Install the indoor unit, outdoor unit, branch box, power sup-
ply cable, transmission cable, and remote control cable at
least 40 in. (1 m) away from a television or radio receivers.
The purpose of this is to prevent TV reception interference
or radio noise.
(Even if they are installed more than 40 in. (1 m) apart, you
could still receive noise under some signal conditions.)
• If children under 10 years old may approach the unit, take
preventive measures so that they cannot reach the unit.
• Install the indoor unit on the wall where the height from the
À oors more than 1800 mm (70 in.).
6. INSTALLATION WORK
6.1. Installation dimensions
Remote controller holder
Tapping screw (small)
6.2. Indoor unit piping direction
The piping can be connected in the 6 directions indicated in
When the piping is connected in direction 2 , 3 , 4 or 5 , cut
along the piping groove in the side of the front cover with a
1 Rear outlet
3 Bottom outlet
6 Left rear
4 Left bottom outlet
9/8/2010 9:56:07 AM
9/8/2010 9:56:07 AM