Soft switching is the ability to switch servers, using a hotkey sequence. You can soft
switch to a server by pressing the Print Scrn key and entering the first few characters
of its name or number. If you have set a Screen Delay Time and you press the key
sequences before that time has elapsed, the OSD does not display.
Configuring Servers for Soft Switching
To configure servers for soft switching:
1. Press the Print Scrn key. The Main dialog box is displayed.
2. Click Setup. The Setup dialog box is displayed.
3. Click Menu. The Menu dialog box is displayed.
4. For Screen Delay Time, enter the number of seconds of delay desired before the
Main dialog box displays after the Print Scrn key is pressed.
5. Click OK.
Soft Switching Servers
To soft switch servers:
1. To select a server, press the Print Scrn key. If the display order of your server
list is by port (the Port button is selected), enter the Port number and press the
If the display order of the server list is by Name or EID number (the Name or
EID button is selected), enter the first few letters of the Name of the server or the
EID number to establish it as unique, and then press the Enter key.
2. To switch back to the previous server, press the Print Scrn key, then press the
HP IP Console Switch User Guide
Local Port Operation