Upgrading Firmware using TFTP
3. To change an existing entry in the directory list, select the directory name in the
a. To delete the entry, click Remove, then click Exit.
b. To modify an entry's access rights, select the appropriate checkbox in the
GET or PUT columns.
c. To modify an entry's pathname, click Modify, then enter the pathname of the
desired directory, or click Browse to select a directory.
d. Click Exit, then click Close.
Updating the IP Console Switch
Before beginning the update procedure, be sure that the Secure TFTP Server is
installed and that the GET access permissions for the folder the updated file is in is
selected. Also, be sure that the IP Console Switch is on the same network as the
computer that is being used for the update.
Updating the IP Console Switch Hardware
To update the IP Console Switch hardware:
1. Connect one end of a serial cable to an available COM port on the server that is
to be viewed locally from the IP Console Switch.
2. Connect the other end of the above serial cable to the serial port on the
IP Console Switch.
3. Plug the supplied power cord in to the rear of the IP Console Switch and then in
to a valid power source.
4. Power on the IP Console Switch. The activity indicator on the rear panel powers
on. The activity indicator blinks for 30 seconds while performing a self-test.
Approximately 10 seconds after it stops blinking, press the Enter key to access
the main menu.
HP IP Console Switch User Guide