Changing the Password
To set or change the password:
1. From the Security dialog box, single-click in the New field and press the Enter
key if the OSD is not open, or double-click the New field.
2. Enter the new password in the New field, then press the Enter key.
IMPORTANT: A valid password must be alphanumeric and be 5 to 15 characters in
length. Permitted characters are case-sensitive and can consist of A–Z, 0–9, spacebar,
3. In the Repeat field, reenter the password and press the Enter key.
4. Click OK to change the password.
Setting Password Protection
To password protect your local console:
1. From the Security dialog box, set your password as described in the
2. Select Enable Screen Saver.
3. Enter the number of minutes for Time Delay (from 1 to 99) to delay activation of
password protection and the screen saver feature.
4. For Mode, select Energy if your monitor is Energy Star
5. (Optional) Click Test to activate the screen saver test, which lasts 10 seconds and
returns you to the Security dialog box.
6. Click OK.
HP IP Console Switch User Guide
CAUTION: Monitor damage can result from the use of energy mode with
monitors not compliant with Energy Star.
Local Port Operation