Insert the embroidery unit connection into
the machine connection port. The spring
hinge on the connection port cover will
allow easy access to the port. Push lightly
on the connection port cover until the unit
clicks into place.
a Embroidery unit connection
b Machine connection port
• Be sure there is no gap between the
embroidery unit and the sewing machine. If
there is a gap, the embroidery patterns will
not embroider with the correct registration.
• Do not push on the carriage when installing
the embroidery unit onto the machine.
Moving the carriage may damage the
Turn the main power to ON.
→ The following message will appear.
→ The carriage will move to the initialization position.
• Either "Embroidery" screen or "Embroidery
Edit" screen appears, depending on the
setting selected in the settings screen.
■ Removing the Embroidery Unit
→ The carriage will move to the removal position.
• Always remove the embroidery frame before
. Otherwise, the frame may
strike the embroidery foot, and possibly cause
• The embroidery unit will not fit in the storage
case if this step is not done.
Turn the main power to OFF.
• Be sure to turn off the machine before
removing the embroidery unit, otherwise
damage to the machine may result.
, then press
Basic operations B-63