• Place the temperature regulator 7 into the position
• Heat the steam iron up for several minutes at this
• Remove the steam iron from the station q
(see chapter "Tips for utilisation").
• Then iron a piece of material that is no longer
required, to remove possible contamination from
the sole of the iron e.
Tips for utilisation
In addition to the typical utilisation with a cable,
you can also separate the steam iron from the cable
base 8 for a short period to iron textiles which are
not located close to an electrical power socket.
To separate the steam iron from the cable base 8:
• Place the steam iron, with the cable base 8
engaged, onto the station q. The unlocking
switch 0 must be in the position
• Slide the unlocking switch 0 into the
. The steam iron now allows itself
to be lifted off. The cable base 8 remains
combined with the station q.
As the steam iron cannot be heated up without the
cable base 8, you can only work for a short period
without the cable base 8. Reconnect the steam iron
with the cable base 8 as soon as the steam blast
or the ironing quality diminishes.
To reconnect the steam iron with the cable base 8:
• Insert the steam iron into the cable base 8
connected to the station q. Slide the unlocking
switch 0 to
iron with the cable base 8 from the station q.
Should you wish to secure the steam iron to the
station q, for safekeeping for example, slide the un-
locking switch 0 with the preplaced steam iron to
The steam iron can now no longer be removed from
the station q.
Filling with mains water
• In a cooled condition, place the steam iron
horizontally on its sole e.
• Slide off the cover of the filler opening for the
water tank 2.
• Using the measuring beaker, fill the water tank
with water to the "Max" marking, but no further.
• Slide the cover of the filler opening for the water
tank 2 back to close it.
Should the mains water at your locality be rated as
hard, it is recommended that you mix mains water
with some distilled water. Otherwise, the jets for the
steam blast function could calcify (become blocked)
To extend the optimal steam blast function, mix
mains water with distilled water according to the
- 4 -
. You can now lift the steam