Proper Care and Cleaning
Warning! Always unplug your appliance before cleaning to avoid electric shock.
Ignoring this warning may result in personal injury or death. Before
using cleaning products, always read and follow the cleaning product
manufacturer's instructions and warnings to avoid personal injury and
General Cleaning and Maintenance
Use only a damp or sudsy cloth to clean the control panel.
• To avoid any kind of damage to the cabinet finish, wipe the appliance cabinet
as needed. If liquid/powdered softener, bleach or detergent is spilled onto the
cabinet, wipe the cabinet immediately because it may cause damage to the fin-
• Do not use any abrasives, harsh chemicals, ammonia, chlorine bleach,
concentrated detergent, solvents or metal scouring pads. Some of these chemi-
cals and materials may dissolve, damage and/or discolor your appliance.
• Remove pins and other sharp objects from clothing to prevent scratches on
• The lint filter must be cleaned before each use for optimal efficiency. DO NOT
USE YOUR WASHER WITHOUT THE LINT FILTER IN PLACE.
• The filter screen of the water inlet valve may become blocked by soil and
residue. Please clean it with a brush monthly.
Long Absences / Moving
• Turn OFF the water supply faucets and disconnect the hoses. Drain water from
all hoses. This will prevent damage from water leakage if the hoses are
accidentally ruptured or if they become loose.
• Disconnect the electrical plug.
• Dry the inner washtub. If moving the washer, disconnect the drain hose.
• To prevent mold and mildew, leave the door open so that the moisture inside
the machine can evaporate.
• Reinstall the foam base/Styrofoam at the bottom of the unit to prevent internal
parts from becoming damaged due to vibrations and shock when the washer
is being moved to another location.