1. Visually inspect the UPS for freight damage. Report damage to the carrier and your local dealer
or Liebert representative.
The UPS is heavy (see Table 4 - Battery cabinet specifications). Take proper precautions
when lifting or moving it.
2. Decide where to place the PowerSure PSI. Install the UPS indoors in a controlled environment
where it cannot be accidentally turned Off. Place it in an area of unrestricted airflow around the
unit, away from water, flammable liquids, gases, corrosives, and conductive contaminants.
Maintain a minimum clearance of 4 inches (100mm) in the front and rear of the UPS. Maintain an
ambient temperature range of 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C).
UPS operation in temperatures above 77°F (25°C) reduces battery life.
3. The PowerSure PSI may be installed in either a tower configuration or in a rack, depending on
available space and use considerations. Determine the type of installation and follow the
appropriate instructions in either Tower UPS Installation or Rack-Mount UPS Conversion
Tower UPS Installation
When using the PowerSure PSI in a tower configuration, use the included support base (shown below,
left) to stabilize the UPS. If two or more battery cabinets are added, the spacers—included with the
battery cabinets—should be used to accommodate the additional cabinets.
Support base for tower configuration
Tower Stand - Fully Extended
Spacers Can be Added to Accommodate External Battery Cabinets
1. To orient the display for vertical viewing, remove the front plastic bezel by pulling forward evenly
on both sides.
2. Peel the backing from the vertical display overlay and apply to the existing display.
3. Snap the front bezel back into place.
Connectors Snap into Slots on Base