PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND ADJUSTMENT
Replacing the air filter
element and cleaning the
The air filter element should be re-
placed at the intervals specified in the
periodic maintenance and lubrication
chart. Replace the air filter element
more frequently if you are riding in un-
usually wet or dusty areas. In addition,
the air filter check hose must be fre-
quently checked and cleaned if neces-
To replace the air filter element
1. Air filter case
1. Remove the seat. (See page 4-
2. Remove the air filter case cover
by removing the screws.
3. Pull the air filter element out.
4. Insert a new air filter element into
the air filter case as shown.
1. Air filter element
● Make sure that the air filter ele-
● The engine should never be op-
5. Install the air filter case cover by
6. Install the seat.
ment is properly seated in the
air filter case.
erated without the air filter ele-
ment installed, otherwise the
piston(s) and/or cylinder(s) may
become excessively worn.
installing the screws.