Read the license agreement and click Continue.
Click Agree to agree to the license agreement.
Click Install. All components necessary for machine operations will be installed.
If you click Customize, you can choose individual components to install.
Enter the password and click OK.
Select Configuration of Wireless network on the Printer Connection Type and click
After searching, the window shows the wireless network devices. Select the name
(SSID) of the access point you are using and click Next.
NOTE: When you set the wireless configuration manually, click Advanced
– Enter the wireless Network Name: Enter the SSID of access point you want (SSID
– Operation Mode: Select Infrastructure.
– Authentication: Select an authentication type.
Open System: Authentication is not used, and encryption may or may not be
used, depending on the need for data security.
Shared Key: Authentication is used. A device that has a proper WEP key can
access the network.
WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal: Select this option to authenticate the print
server based on WPA Pre-Shared Key. This uses a shared secret key (generally
called Pre- Shared Key pass phrase) which is manually configured on the access
point and each of its clients.
– Encryption: Select the encryption (None, WEP64, WEP128, TKIP, AES, TKIP AES).
– Network Password: Enter the encryption Network Password value.
– Confirm Network Password: Confirm the encryption Network Password value.
– WEP Key Index: If you are using WEP Encryption, select the appropriate WEP Key
The wireless network security window appears when the access point has security
– Can start to build Wi-Fi Direct by using Dell Printer Manager. See "Using the Dell
– Network Name(SSID): The default Network Name is the model name and the
maximum length is 22 characters (not including "Direct-xx-").
Network Password is the numeric string, and the size is 8 ~ 64 characters.
When the wireless network settings are completed, disconnect the USB cable
between the computer and machine.
Wireless network set up is completed. After the installation is finished, click Quit.