When the TAD picks up the call, the printer monitors and takes the line if fax tones are
received and then starts receiving the fax.
• If the answering device is off, the printer automatically goes into Fax mode after a
predefined number of rings.
• If you answer the call and hear fax tones, the printer will answer the fax call if you
On Hook Dial and press Start ( ) and then hang up the receiver, or
press the remote receive code *9* and hang up the receiver.
Using a Computer Modem
If you want to use your computer modem for faxing or for a dial-up internet connection,
connect the computer modem directly to the back of your printer with the TAD as shown
here in Figure 2.
• Set your printer to Ans/Fax mode and set the Ring to Answer to a digit greater than
the rings to answer setting for the TAD.
• Turn off the computer modem's fax-receive feature.
• Do not use the computer modem if your printer is sending or receiving a fax.
• To fax via the computer modem, follow the instructions provided with your computer
modem and fax application.
• You can capture images using your printer and Dell ScanDirect and send them using
your fax application with the computer modem.
Telephone Answering Device
Dell B2375dfw Mono MFP / Dell B2375dnf Mono MFP