No Display on the Screen or Screen is Blank
If the monitor power light is off:
1. Ensure that the power cable is connected to the monitor and electrical
2. Ensure that both the monitor and computer are receiving power and
are turned on.
3. If both the monitor and computer are not receiving power, ensure that
the electrical outlet is working by testing it with another device.
4. If the computer power button/light is on, swap the computer and
monitor power cables to determine if the monitor power cable is
5. Contact Dell.
If the monitor power light is on:
1. Ensure that the computer is receiving power and is turned on.
2. If the computer is not receiving power, swap the monitor and
computer power cables to determine if the power cable is defective.
3. If the computer is receiving power:
a. Adjust the display brightness. See the monitor documentation at
b. Ensure that the monitor video cable is connected to the correct
connector on the computer.
NOTE: If your computer supports both integrated and discrete
video cards, you must connect your monitor to the discrete video
c. Remove any adapters or extension cables and connect the monitor
directly to the computer.
d. Check the diagnostic lights on your computer.
4. Contact Dell.