It is recommended that you perform the following tasks to avoid general
• Ensure that you allow easy access to a power source, adequate
ventilation, and a level surface to place your computer.
• Do not block, push objects into, or allow dust to accumulate in the air
• Use Dell Support Center to perform computer checkups, manage
drive space, back up and recover data, and so on.
• Clean your computer regularly using a soft, dry cloth.
NOTE: Do not use water or any other solvents to clean your
• Perform a virus scan regularly.
• Back up your data regularly.
• Run Disk Defragmenter regularly to improve your computer's
• Ensure that there is enough free space on your hard drive. Not having
enough free space may result in degraded performance.
• Enable Windows and other software updates to correct software bugs
and improve computer security.
Ergonomic Instructions for Desktops
CAUTION: Improper or prolonged keyboard use may result in injury.
CAUTION: Viewing the monitor screen for extended periods of time
may result in eye strain.
For comfort and efficiency, observe the following ergonomic guidelines
when setting up and using your computer:
• Position your computer so that the monitor and keyboard are directly
in front of you as you work. Special shelves are available (from Dell and
other sources) to help you correctly position your keyboard.
• Set the monitor at a comfortable viewing distance (usually 510 to 610
millimeters [20 to 24 inches] from your eyes).
• Ensure the monitor screen is at eye level or slightly lower when you
are sitting in front of the monitor.