4. Ensure that the power cable is connected correctly to the monitor and
the electrical outlet.
5. Ensure that the display video cable is connected to the correct
connector on the computer.
NOTE: If your computer supports both integrated and discrete
video cards, you must connect your monitor to the discrete
6. If you are using an adapter to connect your monitor to the computer,
ensure that the adapter is connected correctly to the monitor and
7. Ensure that there are no bent of broken pins on the video cable
8. If you have another monitor that works, connect it to the computer to
check if the monitor is defective.
9. Contact Dell. See
1. Adjust the resolution of the screen. For more information,
- Windows 8
Swipe from the right-edge (or move your pointer to the upper-right
corner) of the screen, and then click Search charm. Type Help and
Support in the search box and press <Enter>.
- Windows 7
2. Download and install the latest video drivers from support.dell.com.
3. Run the display built-in self test:
a. Turn off your computer.
b. Press and hold the <Fn> and power buttons for 10-15 seconds.
c. The display built-in self test begins.
d. Follow the instructions on the screen.
4. If the problem still remains, contact Dell.
Getting Help and Contacting
→ Help and Support.