1. Turn on (or restart) your computer.
2. When the DELL logo appears, press <F12> immediately.
NOTE: If you wait too long and the operating system logo appears,
continue to wait until you see the Microsoft Windows desktop;
then, shut down your computer and try again.
3. Select Security tab and then select Computrace(R).
4. Select Activate to enable or Deactivate to disable the Computrace
NOTE: Once you enable or disable the Computrace option in the
BIOS settings, you will be unable to change this setting in future.
This is to prevent from somebody else enabling or disabling this
NOTE: You will need to install the Computrace software in
Windows for the software to protect your computer.
Getting Help on Computrace
Dell provides help on Computrace through Absolute Software. You may
contact them for issues related to:
• how-to questions
• error messages
To contact Absolute Software:
• see www.absolute.com
• send e-mails to email@example.com
• call 888-999-9857