Setting Up a Wired Internet Connection
You can setup a wired Internet connection using a dial-up, DSL, or a
• If you are using a dial-up connection, connect the telephone line
to the optional external USB modem and to the telephone wall jack
before you set up your Internet connection.
• If you are using a DSL or cable/satellite modem connection, contact
your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or cellular telephone service for
NOTE:ISPs and ISP offerings vary by country. Contact your ISP for
offerings available in your country.
Have your ISP information ready. If you do not have an ISP, the Connect
to the Internet wizard can help you get one.
To setup a wired Internet connection:
1. Save and close any open files, and exit any open programs.
2. Swipe from the right edge of the screen (or if you are using a mouse,
pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen), and then click
3. Click Settings.
4. Type Network and Sharing Center in the search box, and press
<Enter>. Click Network and Sharing Center → Set up a new
connection or network → Connect to the Internet. The Connect to
the Internet window appears.
NOTE:If you do not know which type of connection to select, click
Help me choose or contact your ISP.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen and use the setup information
provided by your ISP to complete the setup.