1. Adjust the display brightness by press the <Fn> and
2. Press the <Fn> and
3. Connect to an external monitor and check if there is a display on the
4. Contact Dell.
Keyboard Not Working, Not Detected, or Working
• External Keyboard
• Laptop Keyboard
1. Ensure that the keyboard is firmly connected to the computer.
2. Shut down the computer and disconnect the keyboard from the
3. Ensure that the keyboard cable is not damaged or frayed.
4. Check the cable connector for any bent or broken pins. Straighten any
5. Reconnect the keyboard to the computer.
6. If you are using a wireless or Bluetooth keyboard, reinstall the
batteries. See the document that shipped with your Bluetooth
keyboard for more information.
7. If you are using a USB keyboard, try connecting the USB keyboard to a
different USB connector.
8. If you are using a PS/2 keyboard, try connecting the keyboard to the
PS/2 mouse connector.
9. Connect the keyboard to a different computer, if available.
10. If the keyboard works on another computer or connector, there
may be a problem with the computer or connector. Contact Dell for
to toggle between dual display modes.