6.2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I cannot access the router GUI using a web browser
• If your computer is wired, check the Ethernet cable connection
and LED status as described in the previous section.
• Ensure that you are using the correct login information. The
default factory login name and password is "admin/admin".
Ensure that the Caps Lock key is disabled when you enter the
• Delete the cookies and files in your web browser. For Internet
Explorer 8, follow these steps:
1. Launch Internet Explorer 8,
then click Tools > Internet
2. In the General tab, under
Browsing history, click
Delete..., select Temporary
Internet Files and Cookies
then click Delete.
The commands for deleting cookies and files vary with web
• Disable proxy server settings, cancel the dial-up connection,
and set the TCP/IP settings to obtain IP addresses automatically.
For more details, refer to Chapter 1 of this user manual.
Ensure that you use CAT5e or CAT6 ethernet cables.