RHEL 3 Update 6 WS
X86 or AMD64/EM64T on xw4300 Does not Contain the Intel HD
The HP xw4300 Workstation Intel HD audio driver is not integrated in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux
(RHEL 3 WS Update 6 kernel.
HP xw4300 Workstation with RHEL3U6 WS.
1. Go to
Workstation", then click on the "download drivers and software" link.
2. Select the "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3" - either x86 or AMD64/EM64T.
3. Under the Software table, download the "ALSA Sound Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
3" "Update 5 Rev B" and download the .tgz Softpaq. DO NOT follow the installation
instructions as the included RPMS are for Update 5 and not Update 6.
4. Unpack the .tgz Softpaq and follow these instructions:
a. 'tar –xvzf <Softpaq_name.tgz>'.
b. 'cd' into the directory created and go to the 'build' directory
c. 'tar –xvzf realtek-audiopack-3.3-9.tgz'
d. 'cd Realtek-audiopack-3.3'
5. Modify the 'install' script by opening it with an editor and searching for "Library".
6. Read the comments in that block of the script and comment/uncomment as appropriate for
your 32-bit or 64-bit build.
7. Save the file and exit.
8. Run the install script as root './install' and follow the prompts.
9. At a command line run 'alsamixer' and using the 'm' key on your keyboard, unmute the
'Headphone', 'CD', 'Aux-In', and 'iSpeaker'.
10. Raise those volumes with the up/down arrows to adjust system volumes.
x86 or AMD64/EM64T on the xw9300 Does Not Fully Enable the Use
of All HP USB 2.0 Disk-on-Key Devices
Refer to same issue under RHEL3 Update 4 WS.
and select the product name "HP xw4300