The internal supplies have over-current, over-temperature, and over-voltage protection, as well as integrated
fans . Hot swapping is allowed, taking into account that disconnecting the power supplies may interrupt PoE
An external power shelf, the HP ProCurve Switch zl Power Supply Shelf, is available to house up to two
Switch zl power supplies . The power supplies in the Power Supply Shelf can be connected to one or two
8200zl/5400zl switches to provide additional PoE/PoE+ power, either to power additional PoE-powered
devices, or to provide more power for PoE power redundancy . The supplies in the power shelf are connected
to the switch(es) via one or two 2m EPS cables . The PoE power provided is added to the internal power supply
PoE power to figure the total amount of PoE power to the ports in the switch .
While the connectors on the EPS connector cable will fit the connectors on the HP ProCurve 3500 series
switches, no power will flow from the power shelf . Extra PoE power for the 3500 series switch can be obtained
with the HP ProCurve 620 Redundant/External Power Supply .
The HP ProCurve Switch 8200zl/5400zl series support a variety of popular interface modules, providing
customers with the ability to change or scale their LAN links and adapt as the needs of the business
environment change over time .
A variety of interface modules are available for HP ProCurve Switch 8200zl/5400zl series:
• J8702A HP ProCurve Switch zl 24-Port 10/100/1000 PoE Module
• J8705A HP ProCurve Switch zl 20-Port 10/100/1000 + 4-Port Mini-GBIC Module
• J8706A HP ProCurve Switch zl 24-Port Mini-GBIC Module
• J8707A HP ProCurve Switch zl 4-Port 10-GbE X2 Module
• J8708A HP ProCurve Switch zl 4-Port 10-GbE CX4 Module
• J9307A HP ProCurve 24-Port 10/100/1000 PoE+ zl Module
• J9308A HP ProCurve 20-Port 10/100/1000 PoE+ and 4-Port Mini-GBIC zl Module
• J9309A HP ProCurve 4-Port 10-GbE SFP+ zl Module
• J9478A HP ProCurve 24-Port 10/100 PoE+ zl Module