• Core memory dump: preserves system information if the switch failed so that the information can be analyzed
for diagnostic purposes
• Versatile Intelligent Port implies all 10/100 and Gigabit copper ports on the Switch 5400zl and 3500 series
are either PoE or PoE+ enabled .
• The 5400zl and 8200zl series chassis management modules are upgradable in order to meet future needs
for processing power .
• The 8200zl series chassis fabric modules are upgradable in order to meet future system performance
• Programmable ASICs allow some future requirements to be implemented without replacing the switch.
• Intelligent Edge features can be upgraded to Advanced IP Routing features on the 8200zl, 5400zl, and 3500
series, allowing an edge switch to be redeployed as a distribution switch .
• The base power supply for the 8200zl and 5400zl series provides sufficient power for PoE on some ports.
Power supplies can be added in order to provide PoE/PoE+ on all copper ports .
Low cost of ownership
• Industry-leading warranty: lifetime warranty* features next-business-day advance replacement, including
coverage for fans and power supplies .
* HP ProCurve Switch 3500/5400/6200/8200 lifetime warranty is subject to local law and regulation; see Warranty Statement for more details. See
www.procurve.com/support for more details on support and software releases.
Standards and protocols
RFC 1591 DNS (client)
HTML and telnet management
IEEE 802 . 1 ad Q-in-Q (Premium License)
IEEE 802 . 1 D MAC Bridges
IEEE 802 . 1 p Priority
IEEE 802 . 1 Q VLANs
IEEE 802 . 1 s Multiple Spanning Trees
IEEE 802 . 1 v VLAN Classification by Protocol and Port
IEEE 802 . 1 w Rapid Reconfiguration of Spanning Tree
IEEE 802 .3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
IEEE 802 .3af Power over Ethernet
IEEE 802 .3x Flow Control
RFC 768 UDP
RFC 783 TFTP Protocol (revision 2)
RFC 792 ICMP