1 Power Keys
Turn power on and off.
2 Function key
3 Letter keys
Label Printer Menus
Label Printer operation is designed to be as simple as possible, thanks to on-
screen menus that you can use to select the settings you need. Each menu is
described in detail in the sections that follow in this manual, but note the follow-
ing general points when using them.
• The item that is underlined in a menu is the one that is currently selected.
Currently selected item
• Use H, J, K and L to move the underlining left, right, up and down and
change the selected item.
• Press SET to execute the underlined item, or ESC to exit the displayed menu
(and return to the previous menu or screen) without selecting anything.
• When you press SET to execute a menu item, the Label Printer either moves
on to the next menu, or it executes the selected function and returns to the
text input screen that you started from.
4 Optional AC Adaptor connector
5 Tape cutter button
6 Liquid crystal display (LCD)
7 Tape outlet
This part of the manual tells you how to load batteries and the tape cartridge,
and how to perform other basic setups for the Label Printer.
• Be sure to read this section before attempting to use the Label Printer.
The Label Printer can be powered by six AA-size alkaline batteries or an op-
tional AC adaptor (AD-A95100).
A handy low battery power indicator lets you know when battery power is get-
ting too low for proper operation. The message "BATT" appears on the display
if battery power is low when you perform any of the following operations.
• Turn power on
• Execute a print operation
Whenever the "BATT" message appears, press SET to clear it from the display.
You should still be able to perform some Label Printer operations, but some
power intensive operations (like printing) may become impossible if battery power
is too low. In any case, you should replace batteries as soon as possible or
switch to the AC adaptor as soon as possible after the "BATT" message ap-
• All data stored in memory is deleted whenever batteries go dead and when
you replace batteries. Be sure to keep written backup copies of all important
data (text and documents).
• Batteries can burst or leak and damage your unit if you do not use them
correctly. Note the following important points.
• Be sure that the plus (+) and minus (–) sides of each battery are facing cor-
• Never mix batteries of different types
• Never leave dead batteries in the Label Printer.
• Remove the batteries if you do not plan to use the Label Printer for a long