To connect the AC adaptor
Connect the adaptor to the Label Printer as shown
in the illustration. Plug the other end into a stand-
ard household AC outlet.
Turning Power On and Off
Press ON to turn power on, and OFF to turn power off.
• If you are using the Label Printer for the first time, you should reset it first.
Resetting the Memory
You should reset the memory of the Label Printer before using it for the first
time, after you have not used it for a long time, or if nothing happens when you
turn power on, even after you change the batteries.
• Resetting Label Printer memory clears its memory of all input data.
To reset the memory
1. Make sure that Label Printer power is off.
2. While holding down the PRINT and ESC keys,
press ON to turn power on.
3. Keeping PRINT and ESC held down, release
the ON key only.
4. Press SET to initialize the Label Printer or ESC to abort the reset operation
without initializing anything.
• See "Initializing the Label Printer" on page 19 for information on the initial
default settings of the Label Printer following the reset operation.
Auto Power Off Function
If you do not perform any key operation for about six minutes, the Label Printer
automatically turns power off. To restore power, press ON.
Use the procedures described below to load a tape cartridge into the Label
Printer. After you load the tape cartridge, be sure to use the procedure de-
scribed under "Tape Width Specification" on page 8 to tell the Label Printer
what is the width of the tape you are using.
• Never try to push the tape back into the cassette. Once tape is out of the
cassette, there is no way to wind it back in. Trying to do so can cause opera-
tional problems with the Label Printer.
• The following are the tape widths that can be used with this printer: 6mm,
9mm, 12mm, 18mm.
To load a tape cartridge
1. Make sure that the Label Printer is turned off.
2. Open the back cover.
• If there is a cartridge already in the Label Printer,
remove it by grasping the cartridge on both sides
with your thumb and forefinger, and lift straight up.
3. Remove the stopper from a new tape cartridge
• Make sure that the tape is under the tape guide
and that it is not bent or twisted.
and check to see that the tape is ready to use.