Playing with Different Tones
Selecting and Playing a Tone
The piano comes with 16 built-in tones.
• The names of the tones are marked above the keyboard keys to which they are assigned.
To select a tone
Press the POWER button.
• When you turn on the digital piano, it performs a power up operation in order to initialize its system. During system
initialization the tone button lamps cycle on and off in the sequence for about seven seconds to let you know that
system initialization is in progress.
Select the tone you want.
To select GRAND PIANO (MODERN or
CLASSIC) or ELEC PIANO
• Press one of the GRAND PIANO buttons
(MODERN or CLASSIC) or the ELEC PIANO
button to select the one you want.
• The button lamp of the selected tone will light.
To select one of the other tones
• While holding down the FUNCTION button,
press the keyboard key that corresponds to the
tone you want to select.