Playing with Different Tones
Your Digital Keyboard comes with a large collection of
tones. You can select a tone and play it on the
• Refer to the separate "Appendix" for details about
Selecting a Tone with the
In the 3 TONE area, press the button of the
tone group that contains the tone you want.
• This will display the tone group on the UPPER 1
TONE SELECT screen.
• Touching the subgroup icon displays subgroup
• To select a part and change its tone setting, touch
"Select" on the TONE screen before performing the
above operation, and then select a part (Upper 1,
Lower 1, etc.) For details, see the separate "Tutorial"
• You can display the UPPER 1 TONE SELECT screen
from any other screen by pressing a button in the 3
On the MAIN screen, you can touch "Upper 1"
and then use the UPPER 1 TONE SELECT
screen to select a tone.
Touch the tone you want to use.
• You can navigate between tone group pages by
" or "
• If you touching the Upper 1 icon to turn it off,
nothing will sound when you press a keyboard key.
Splitting the Keyboard
between Two Tones
You can split the keyboard so the left side (lower
range) plays one tone and the right side (upper range)
plays a different tone.
• On a split keyboard, a tone assigned to the low range
is called a "split tone" (Lower 1).
Example: "LA Piano" is selected for the main tone, and
"Acoustic Bass 1" is selected for the split tone
Acoustic Bass 1
On the screen, touch bn MAIN.
This displays the MAIN screen.
Touch "Upper 1" and then select the main