Networking & Software
Xerox N Series Network and Software Advantages
Web Based Management
• Remotely configure and manage your printer(s) through CentreWare and CentreWare
• Built in Web server in printer. No special software required – works with any internet browser.
• CentreWare Internet Services also provides direct links to product information, Xerox Home
Pages and hot links for downloading driver updates.
• Check toner levels, clone configuration and run diagnostics.
Remote Printing / Email Alerts
• MaiLinX lets workgroups share documents and collaborate more efficiently and productively
• Using an Internet Service Provider's email system from home, a customer office or anywhere
in the world - users can print directly to a Xerox network printer from any location with
• More flexible than a company's intranet, MaiLinX lets users avoid software compatibility
problems, helps free up fax machines and saves phone and overnight shipping charges by
• MaiLinX solves printer management problems with e-mail alerts. When it's time to replace
supplies or when service is required, an alert is automatically sent via e-mail.
• Install fonts, forms and firmware upgrades using MaiLinX.
Snap-ins for Popular Management Frameworks
• Enable seamless integration of Xerox network printers with your favorite management
– CentreWare for Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
– CentreWare for Tivoli Netview
– CentreWare for CA Unicenter TNG
• Monitor, install and configure Xerox printers from your own customized management tool.
• Novell Distributed Print Services (NDPS) / Novell Enterprise Print Services allow administrators
to take advantage of built-in printer intelligence to centrally manage the network and its
resources; improve printing performance and reduce hassles of network printing to end-users.