Hard Key Functions
Note: blue text on the remote corresponds to DVD functions,
green text are Tivo functions, and red text is for audio
Hard Key Functions, cont.
HIS/HERS - Quick access keys for favorites stored under His/
SIDE KEYS - Used to access on-screen features.
LCD - (Liquid Crystal Display).
MODE - Selects mode (TV, VCR, etc.) for the remote.
HOME - The starting screen on the LCD for most operations.
VOLUME UP/DOWN - Changes the volume level of the
device, normally the TV.
OK/SELECT - Selects menu items for the device you are
controlling, or confirms selections on the screen.
GUIDE - Displays on-screen program or channel guides.
MENU - Brings up the Menu screen - use with the UP,
DOWN, LEFT & RIGHT navigation keys (26).
T-CENTRAL - The TiVo key for TiVo Central.
10. +100 - Used for channels greater than 100.
(-) Used for digital channels, e.g. 2-3.
11. CC (SUBTITLE) - TV Closed Caption (if your TV has this
feature) or DVD Subtitle toggle.
12. SAP - Selects Secondary Audio Program channel if available.
13. THUMBS DOWN - Sets your TiVo Thumbs ratings.
14. REPLAY - Replays the last 8 seconds of a program.
15. ADVANCE - Catches you up to the live broadcast.
16. THUMBS UP - sets your TiVo Thumbs ratings.
17. INPUT - Brings up the DVD Player's Setup Menu. Or acts as
TV/VCR select. LIVE TV goes to Live TV broadcast.
18. RECORD, PLAY, STOP, REW, FF, PAUSE - Operates your
VCR, DVR, or DVD Player. Also operates DVD Scan -/+.
Note, some VCRs require that you press Record twice.
19. LAST - Returns to the previously selected channel, or DVD repeat
toggle. REPEAT performs DVD players "A-B Repeat" (or RPT
A.B) function for repeat play of current Chapter or Track.
20. ZOOM - Zooms or enlarges a specific area of the screen.
ARC - Aspect Ratio Control selects viewing format for the
displayed picture, e.g., Wide, Zoom, etc.
21. ENTER - Used after direct channel number entry (if required)
to immediately change to the selected channel.
22. MUTE - Turns off the TV sound, while the picture remains.
23. NUMBERS - Enter numbers for direct channel selection.
Functions in red are available in Audio Mode.
24. QUIT/RETURN - Exits On-Screen Menus/Returns to previous
25. INFO - Displays/selects on-screen channel information.
26. UP, DOWN, LEFT & RIGHT - Used to Navigate menus.
27. CHANNEL UP/DOWN - Changes the channels. CHAPTER
+/- controls DVD/CD track selection i.e., DVD/CD Track Skip
Up/Down (in DVD and SAT modes).
28. FAVORITE - Used to access favorites groups on the LCD.
29. POWER - Turns device for remote's current Mode On or Off .