Installation and operating instructions for HR12A PalmPad
The HR12A PalmPad Remote Control sends Wireless Radio
Frequency (RF) signals to an X10 Transceiver (RR501 or TM751)
or any X10 security system base receiver. The receiver then passes
the signals onto your house wiring to control lights or appliances
around your home. You plug lights and appliances into X10
Modules (sold separately). The PalmPad also works with the
CM11A Two-Way Computer Interface to initiate macros (routines)
so you can set up a "coming home" routine which is initiated when
you press a button on the PalmPad.
1. Install 4 AAA alkaline batteries (sold separately) in the
PalmPad's battery compartment.
2. Use a dime to set the Housecode dial to match the X10 Modules
and Transceiver you want to control.
3. Plug in an X10 Transceiver (RR501 or TM751, sold separately).
4. Set the Palm Pad's slide switch to 1-8 to control X10 Modules
set to Unit Codes 1 thru 8.
5. Set the slide switch to 9-16 to control X10 Modules 9 thru 16.
6. Press the corresponding ON or OFF button to turn X10 Modules
on and off.
7. To brighten or dim lights connected to X10 Lamp Modules and
Wall Switch Modules, first press the corresponding number
button, then press the UP or DOWN (blue) buttons.
F.C.C. CAUTION - THIS DEVICE COMPLIES WITH PART 15 OF THE
FCC RULES. OPERATION IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TWO
CONDITIONS: (1) THIS DEVICE MAY NOT CAUSE HARMFUL
INTERFERENCE, AND (2) THIS DEVICE MUST ACCEPT ANY
INTERFERENCE RECEIVED, INCLUDING INTERFERENCE THAT MAY
CAUSE UNDESIRED OPERATION. NOTE: NO CHANGES OR
MODIFICATIONS MAY BE MADE TO THE UNITS. ANY CHANGES
MADE TO THE UNITS WILL VOID THE USER'S AUTHORITY TO
OPERATE THE EQUIPMENT.
X10 Wireless Technology, Inc. LIMITED 1-YEAR WARRANTY
X10.com, a division of X10 Wireless Technology, Inc. (X10) warrants X10 products to be
free from defective material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original
date of purchase at retail. X10 agrees to repair or replace, at it's sole discretion, a defective
X10 product if returned to X10 within the warranty period and with proof of purchase.
If service is required under this warranty:
1. Call 1-800-675-3044 or visit www.x10.com, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a
Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
2. Return the defective unit postage prepaid to X10 (see address on back).
3. Enclose a check for $4.00 to cover postage and handling.
4. Enclose a dated proof of purchase.
5. X10 is not responsible for shipping damage. Units to be returned should be packed
Please visit www.x10.com/warranty
to complete your on-line warranty registration. Thank you.
For help or more information on setup, please visit: www.x10.com/support