• EXTENSION CORDS. Make sure your extension cord is in good condition. When using an extension cord, be
sure to use one heavy enough to carry the current your product will draw. An undersized cord will cause a drop in
line voltage resulting in loss of power and overheating. The following table shows the correct size to use
depending on cord length and nameplate ampere rating. If in doubt, use the next heavier gage. The smaller the
gage number, the heavier the cord.
SAFETY GUIDELINES / DEFINITIONS
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, will result in death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, may result in minor or moderate injury.
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided,
may result in property damage.
RISK OF UNSAFE OPERATION. When using tools or equipment, basic safety precautions should always be
followed to reduce the risk of personal injury. Improper operation, maintenance or modification of tools or
equipment could result in serious injury and property damage. There are certain applications for which tools and
equipment are designed. Black & Decker strongly recommends that this product NOT be modified and/or used for
any application other than for which it was designed. Read and understand all warnings and operating
instructions before using any tool or equipment.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING: This product or its power cord contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause
cancer and birth defect or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
INSTRUCTIONS PERTAINING TO RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY TO PERSONS
WARNING – WHEN USING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES, BASIC PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE
FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
A) READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THE APPLIANCE.
B) TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY, CLOSE SUPERVISION IS NECESSARY WHEN AN APPLIANCE IS USED
C) USE ONLY ATTACHMENTS RECOMMENDED OR SOLD BY THE MANUFACTURER.
D) DO NOT USE OUTDOORS.
E) TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK, DO NOT PUT SPOTLIGHT IN WATER OR OTHER LIQUID. DO
NOT PLACE OR STORE APPLIANCE WHERE IT CAN FALL OR BE PULLED INTO A TUB OR SINK.
F) ALWAYS UNPLUG BEFORE REPLACING THE LAMP. ONLY REPLACE BULB WITH TYPE RATED 6 VOLT, H3 55
WATT QUARTZ HALOGEN.
G) USE ONLY THE CHARGER SUPPLIED BY THE MANUFACTURER TO RECHARGE.
H) IF AN EXTENSION CORD IS USED:
1. The marked rating of the detachable power supply cord or extension cord should be at least as great as the
electrical rating of this appliance.
2. The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be
tripped over, snagged, or pulled on unintentionally (especially by children).
3. The extension cord should be kept dry and off the ground.
4. Do not clean this appliance with a water spray or the like.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
Do not plug in a power supply without the bulb lens and cover in place.
WARNING: FIRE HAZARD: Never contact combustible material to the lens and never tape or tie the switch in
the on position.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE:
• All halogen lights give off heat:
– Do not touch lens while operating.
– Keep combustibles away from spotlight lens. Extreme heat can cause fires.
– Never place the light face-down on any surface when lit.
• Never look directly into the light or shine the light into another person's eyes.
• Keep sharp objects away from lens — it is glass and can break.