When connecting the sine-wave filter, you must take into account the following conditions to
ensure that the filter functions correctly:
● With analog control cables, connecting the shield at both ends can result in coupled-in
noise. To prevent this, the shield must only be connected at one end on the Power
● Control cables must be routed separately from power cables. Power cables are motor
cables or connecting cables from the DC link of the Power Module (terminals
DCPA/DCNA) to other components (e.g. Braking Module). In particular, you must ensure
that control cables and power cables are not routed in parallel in a joint cable raceway,
even if all the cables are shielded.
● The cross-sections of the connection cables to 1U1, 1V1, 1W1 and to 1U2, 1V2, 1W2
must be identical, and must be dimensioned appropriately for the current-carrying
capacity and routing method (see Chapter "Technical Specifications" in the SINAMICS
G130 Operating Instructions).
● You must use shielded motor cables. The shield for the motor cable must be attached to
the shield plate and motor housing.
● The ground wire for the motor must be fed directly back to the Power Module.
Operating Instructions, 11/2017, A5E00992420A