4.2 Troubleshooting for Paper Feeding Problems
End users can solve problems related to paper feeding as long as they follow the User Check
items. If the problem still cannot be solved, implement each procedure according to the step
numbers in the tables below.
4.2.1 No paper is fed from paper tray
• Check that the paper is set in the paper tray correctly.
• Check that there is not too much paper set in the paper tray.
• Flip over the paper in the paper tray or rotate the paper 180°.
• Check that the thickness of the paper is 60 to 105 g/m
• Check that the manual feed slot is not set as the pick-up tray.
• Flip through the paper and reset it in the paper tray.
• Clean the pick-up roller.
Accumulated paper dust
Attachment failure of the roller
Connection failure of the main
motor flat cable
Connection failure of the paper
feed sensor harness
Paper feed actuator coming off
Connection failure of the new
toner sensor PCB flat cable
Connection failure of the T1
Abrasion of the pick-up roller
T1 clutch failure
Damaged P/P gear
Main motor failure
New toner sensor PCB failure
Panel PCB failure
Damaged gears in the paper
Damaged fuser unit
Main PCB failure
Paper dust cleaning roller cover
Remove the paper dust cleaning roller cover
and get rid of the paper dust in the area
described in the figure below.
Reattach the roller holder ASSY correctly.
Reconnect the main motor flat cable.
Reconnect the paper feed sensor harness
Reattach the paper feed actuator.
Reconnect the new toner sensor PCB flat
Reconnect the T1 clutch harness.
Replace the PF kit.
Replace the T1 clutch.
Replace the paper tray.
Replace the main motor.
Replace the new toner sensor PCB ASSY.
Replace the panel PCB ASSY.
Replace the main frame L ASSY.
Replace the fuser unit.
Replace the main PCB ASSY.
Paper dust cleaning roller