Connecting components with
HDMI is the abbreviated name for High-
Definition Multimedia Interface. It is an
interface which transmits video and audio
signals in digital format.
• A digital audio signals transmitted by HDMI
can be output from the speakers and the PRE
OUT jacks on this receiver. This signal
supports Dolby Digital, DTS, DSD, and
• Linear PCM (sampling frequency less than
192 kHz) with digital audio signals of up to
8 channels can be received with this receiver
using the HDMI IN jack.
• Analog video signals input to the VIDEO
jack, or COMPONENT VIDEO jacks can be
output as HDMI signals. Audio signals are
not output from an HDMI OUT jack when
the image is converted.
• This receiver supports DSD transmission
(Super Audio CD), extended by HDMI
• This receiver supports High Bitrate Audio
(DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby TrueHD),
Deep Color and xvYCC transmission,
extended by HDMI ver1.3.
• The HDMI jacks of this receiver support the
Control for HDMI function. The HDMI
OUT B jack, however, does not support the
Control for HDMI function.
• HDMI IN 4 is input which is considered
sound quality. Input IN 4 when you need
higher quality sound. You can also use IN 4
jack in the same manner as the HDMI IN 1
to IN 3 and IN 5.
• The HDMI IN 6 jack is used for connecting
a camcorder. Use the HDMI IN 6 jack when
you connect a camcorder to the receiver.