• Do not place the receiver near heat sources,
or in a place subject to direct sunlight,
excessive dust, or mechanical shock.
• Do not place anything on top of the cabinet
that might block the ventilation holes and
• Do not place the receiver near equipment
such as a television, VCR, or tape deck. (If
the receiver is being used in combination
with a television, VCR, or tape deck, and is
placed too close to that equipment, noise
may result, and picture quality may suffer.
This is especially likely when using an
indoor antenna (aerial). Therefore, we
recommend using an outdoor antenna
Before connecting other components, be sure
to turn off and unplug the receiver.
Clean the cabinet, panel, and controls with a
soft cloth slightly moistened with a mild
detergent solution. Do not use any type of
abrasive pad, scouring powder, or solvent,
such as alcohol or benzine.
If you have any questions or problems
concerning your receiver, please consult your
nearest Sony dealer.
If you experience any of the following
difficulties while using the receiver, use this
troubleshooting guide to help you remedy the
problem. Should any problem persist, consult
your nearest Sony dealer.
There is no sound, no matter which
component is selected, or only a very
low-level sound is heard.
• Check that the speakers and components
are connected securely.
• Check that all speaker cords are connected
• Check that both the receiver and all
components are turned on.
• Check that MASTER VOLUME control is
not set at –∞ dB. Try to set it at about –40
• Check that SPEAKERS (OFF/A/B/A+B)
is not set to OFF (page 47).
• Press MUTING on the remote to cancel
the muting function.
• Check that you have selected the correct
component with INPUT SELECTOR.
• Check that headphones are not connected.
• When only a very low-level sound is
heard, check to see if Night Mode is
activated (page 94).
• The protective device on the receiver has
been activated. Turn off the receiver,
eliminate the short-circuit problem, and
turn on the power again.
There is no sound from a specific
• Check that the component is connected
correctly to the audio input jacks for that
• Check that the cord(s) used for the
connection is (are) fully inserted into the
jacks on both the receiver and the