• No stations have been preset or the preset
stations have been cleared (when tuning by
scanning preset stations). Preset the
stations (page 66).
• Press DISPLAY so that the frequency
appears on the display.
RDS does not work.
• Make sure that you are tuned to an FM
• Select a stronger FM station.
The RDS information that you want
does not appear.
• Contact the radio station and find out
whether or not they actually provide the
service in question. If so, the service may
be temporarily out of order.
Control for HDMI
The Control for HDMI function does not
• Check the HDMI connection (page 33).
• Make sure "Control for HDMI" is set to
"ON" in HDMI settings menu.
• Make sure the connected component is
compatible with the Control for HDMI
• Check the Control for HDMI settings on
the connected component. See the
operating instructions of the connected
• If you change the HDMI connection,
connect/disconnect the AC power cord, or
there is a power failure, repeat the
procedures of "Preparing for the
"BRAVIA" Sync" (page 86).
• If you select HDMI B using the HDMI
OUTPUT button, after you have selected
HDMI A, the Control for HDMI function
may not work properly for a while. This is
because the component connected to the
HDMI A jack must re-recognize the
receiver that is equipped with the Control
for HDMI function. If the Control for
HDMI function does not work properly for
a long time, perform the steps given in
"Preparing for the "BRAVIA" Sync"
• When HDMI B is selected, the Control for
HDMI function does not work.
No sound is output from the receiver
and TV speaker while using the System
Audio Control function.
• Make sure the TV is compatible with the
System Audio Control function.
• If the TV does not have System Audio
Control function, set the "Audio Out"
settings in HDMI settings menu to
– "TV+AMP" if you want to listen to the
sound from the TV speaker and
– "AMP" if you want to listen to the
sound from the receiver.
• You cannot listen to the sound of a
component connected to the receiver while
a TV is selected as the input on the
– Change the input of the receiver to
HDMI when you want to watch a
program on a component connected to
– Change the TV channel when you want
to watch a TV broadcast.
– Select the component or input you want
to watch when you watch a program on
the component connected to the TV.
Refer to the operating instructions of the
TV on this operation.
• When using the Control for HDMI
function, you cannot control the connected
component using TV's remote.
– Depending on the connected component
and TV, you may need to set up the
component and TV. Refer to the
operation instructions supplied with
each component and TV.
– Change the input of the receiver to the
HDMI input connected to the