Percent of Total
To calculate what percentage one number is of another:
1. Calculate the total amount by adding all individual amounts.
2. Key in the number whose percentage equivalent you wish to find.
3. Press Z.
Example: Last month, your company posted sales of $3.92 million in the U.S.,
$2.36 million in Europe, and $1.67 million in the rest of the world. What
percentage of the total sales occurred in Europe ?
The Power Function
Pressing q calculates a power of a number, that is, y
+, q requires two numbers:
1. Key in the base number (which is designated by the y on the key).
2. Press q and key in the exponent (which is designated by the x on the key)
3. Press } to calculate the power.
Don't forget to press OO if you are unsure if there are any pending
Appendix B: Algebraic Mode (ALG)
Clears any pending operations.
Keys in the first number.
Adds the second number.
Adds the third number to get the
Keys in 2.36 to find out what
percentage it is of the number in
Europe had nearly 30% of the total
. Like the arithmetic function