Calculating the Periodic and Annual Interest Rates
1. Press fCLEARG to clear the financial registers.
2. Enter the number of payments or periods, using n or gA.
3. Enter at least two of the following values:
Present value, using $.
Payment amount, using P.
Future value, using M.
4. If a PMT was entered, press g× or gÂ to set the payment mode.
5. Press ¼ to calculate the periodic interest rate.
6. To calculate the annual interest rate in RPN mode, key in the number of
periods per year, then press §. To calculate the annual interest rate in ALG
mode, press §, key in the number of periods per year, then press }.
Example: What annual interest rate must be obtained to accumulate $10,000 in
8 years on an investment of $6,000 with quarterly compounding ?
Section 3: Basic Financial Functions
Calculates final, fractional, 58
deposit required to reach $4,000.
cash flow sign convention.
Calculates and stores n.
Stores PV (with minus sign for cash
Remember to observe the