Calculating the Payment Amount
1. Press fCLEARG to clear the financial registers.
2. Enter the number of payments or periods, using n or gA.
3. Enter the periodic interest rate, using ¼ or gC.
4. Enter either or both of the following:
Present value, using $.
Future value, using M.
5. Press g× or gÂ to set the payment mode.
6. Press P to calculate the payment amount.
Example 1: Calculate the payment amount on a 29-year, $243,400 mortgage
at 5.25% annual interest, compounded monthly.
Section 3: Basic Financial Functions
cash flow sign convention.
Calculates and stores n.
Calculates and stores i.
Sets payment mode to End.
Monthly payment (with minus sign
for cash paid out).
Remember to observe the