This section explains the preparation and resources required to install the Smart Card feature.
The following items are required to complete the installation:
1. Obtain the IP address or Host Name for each applicable Windows Domain Controller.
2. If Domain Controller Certificate validation is required, obtain the DC certificate for each ap-
plicable controller, including all intermediate certificates up to the root certificate.
This procedure typically is required only for Smart Card.
3. If Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) is available, obtain the IP address or Host Name
for the OCSP server.
4. If a software upgrade is required, obtain and install the required software release.
5. Mount the Smart Card Reader to the MFD and connect the USB cable to one of the rear ports.
Connect the USB Smart Card Reader to the
6. Install the Smart Card software Feature Enablement Key. Refer to
7. Configure Smart Card Authentication, the optional NTP, and the optional Alternate Login.
Configuring the Smart
8. Install any required certificates and configure validation settings. Refer to
9. Configure the MFD LDAP settings. Refer to
Smart Card Installation and Configuration Guide
Configure Acquiring Logged-In User's Email
Enter the Smart Card En-
Configure a Security