Conduit or raceway: Calculate the amount and size of conduit or raceway needed for the
installation, based on fill limits and local code requirements. If you are using conduit, an
adapter may be required between the entry into the Powerwall wiring compartment and the
Step 2. Transport and Unpack Powerwall
NOTE: Powerwall is heavy. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (such as gloves
and protective footwear) when handling the unit. Only a sufficient number of trained movers
should lift Powerwall. Use of lift equipment is recommended. For more information, refer to
Powerwall 2 Transportation and Storage Guidelines
1. Keep Powerwall in its box until ready for installation. Store the box flat on its back (front
facing up) during transport. The box can be carried in any orientation to the job site.
2. Open the box by cutting the packing straps, removing the lid, and setting it aside.
3. Remove the box containing the mounting bracket and the bag containing the accessories.
Figure 4: Removing the Mounting Bracket Box and Accessory Bag
4. Verify that the contents of the bracket box and accessory bag are complete and
undamaged (see "Powerwall Box Contents," above).
5. Remove the top panel and set it aside.
Powerwall Installation Manual