Before proceeding to the system programming section, it's important to conduct an initial test to
determine that the hardware components are working properly.
1. Connect the speaker wires from Zone #3 to the CAM6.6 Zone #3 speaker output connectors.
2. Connect an UNO keypad to Keypad Port #3 on the rear of the CAM6.6.
3. Connect a source to the Source #3 Input on the CAM6.6 using RCA Audio patch cables.
4. Plug a supplied 845.1 IR emitter into the Source #3 IR Output Jack and adhere the emitter end
to the source equipment's IR window.
5. Plug in the main power cords for the CAM6.6 and the source.
6. Turn on the main power switch on the CAM6.6 and the source.
7. Manually command the source to provide audio or use the source remote control.
8. Press the power button on the UNO keypad and select Source #3.
9. To verify emitter placement, take source equipment's factory remote control and aim at a key-
pad (not in same room as source equipment). Source equipment should respond to IR command.
Congratulations – you should now hear the source through the speakers in Zone #3.
If there is no sound, follow these diagnostic steps:
1. Check the source to see that it is operating properly.
2. Check the RCA Audio cable connections from the source to the Source #3 Input on the
3. Check the speaker connections and verify that they are correct and are connected to the
Zone #3 speaker outputs.
4. Check to see that the keypad is connected to the Zone #3 Keypad Port and verify the CAT-5 is
properly terminated at both ends.
If none of these steps produce successful results, call Russound Tech Support for further assistance.
INITIAL INSTALL TEST